Navigation Surgeries in ENT
March 11, 2019
The American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) endorses the use of image -guided surgery for procedures including :
- Complicated sinus surgery
- Revision sinus surgery
- Distorted sinus anatomy of development, postoperative, or traumatic origin.
- Extensive sino-nasal polyposis.
- Pathology involving the frontal, posterior ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses.
- Disease abutting the skull base, orbit, optic nerve or carotid artery.
- CSF rhinorrhea or conditions where there is a skull base defect.
- Benign and malignant sino-nasal neoplasms.